Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day #5: Getting Organized Challenge {Under the Kitchen Sink}

Alrighty, Day #5.  If you want to see some awesome organization ideas, go back to that link right there, because she has some great organizers!  Unfortunately, we can't screw anything into our cabinet drawers (including toddler proofing locks, yikes!), so my change isn't anything very dramatic.  I keep a few cleaning supplies in there, but for the most part, my vinegar and dishwasher detergent always lives there as well as my trashcan... annd... that's about it.  Besides the fact that Anni could get in there if she wanted (she used to be obsessed with it in our last apartment), our last apartment had a leaking issue, so we stopped keeping much of anything under the sink just by habit. 


For the most part, everything just needed a good scrubbing, especially the cabinet itself and the trash can.  Kind of embarrassing, but it's just not an area of priority,  so I'm lucky it was on this list so I could take care of it.  There was some clutter behind everything, a couple of bins from Anni's hospital stay that we don't use anymore and the bag that the trash bags were in.  I ditched all of that, gave everything a good scrub (there are a lot of marks that won't come out, but it's clean) and oi-la!  Under my sink is complete.


We actually did do some other organizing throughout the apartment today.  Hubby had a snow day (the highway up the mountain was actually closed part of the morning!), so in between work, we cleaned, sorted, set up some cubbies that had been waiting for us and vacuumed the whole apartment.  I love a clean place, I feel like it's just a little easier to breathe (plus, what mom/wife doesn't feel just a little better about herself with a clean house?). 

Again, head back over to A bowl full of lemons for some really great tips on organizing this space for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love getting comments, but please be respectful and kind!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...