Pages
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Day #4: Getting Organized Challenge {The Linen Closet}
Okay, so I've mentioned I live in an apartment right? So, the term, "linen closet" in this challenge will be a little misleading in what you see. Anni's sheets etc are kept her own little closet, so the few things we have are here. Except, we have some blankets out in the storage closet, etc, etc... you get the idea, right? Linens, cleaning supplies, maybe my husbands poker chips... You can see what it mostly looked like before - as you can see by the green sheets on the ground, Anni decided she was going to help empty everything out.
I'm not sure if it's obvious by the pictures, but it really is much cleaner, things have their place and that was the goal. Despite the fact that it will leave us without the "two extra sets" rule, I decided to donate the black sheets. They're nice and soft, and I bought them on a whim as extras right before or after Anni was born, but then realized that they show everything. Lint, spilled milk (I used to pump a lot in bed), they just always looked dirty, even when they were perfectly clean. The other extras are a bit worn, but they'll do until we can replace them. I even kept the set for the air mattress that is now gone, but if my brother lives with us this summer, we'll have to replace that (nothing but the finest for you, brother, dear). The sheet piles are a bit clunky, because I stuffed them into their pillowcases so they aren't as easily pulled down and apart by an adorable little toddler I know, but I like them nice and contained. I think maybe I should add a little yellow bin for all those miscellany things you see on the second shelf.
Whew, okay... sorry, my OCD kicked in and I to go do it and then prove that I had done it. Yep.
I realized as I cleaned that I had a ton of cleaning products... some of which I use and some I've been phasing out. I decided to keep them all for now (I'm not sure what the proper way to dispose of some of these is) and kept the ones I use more on the lower shelf for easy access and the others a little more out of reach. Keep in mind, I'm doing this challenge on an almost zilch budget. Because we're going to Ireland, there's just not extra money elsewhere for cute organizing. I bought a few bins at the beginning at Big Lots, but that's probably going to be it, so I'm sure you can manage much cuter things if you try! (Speaking of which, those cleaning cloths would look so lovely in a little cloth basket... someday.)
There you go. Day 4: dominated. (Can I say... this was way my least favorite. I hate cleaning randomness, and this closet is a whole lot of that!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment
I love, love, love getting comments, but please be respectful and kind!