Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 2: Getting Organized Challenge {The Computer Desk}

As I mentioned, I'm doing a little 21 day challengeDay 2 was the cleaning of the top of the computer desk.  Ugh.  Okay, here's time for honesty.  I hate my desk, like a lot.  It's hard to move (we've been in three apartments in three years), it's clunky and there are a whole lot of spots for me to stuff random stuff.  I'm a bad random stuff stuffer.  I like things to be organized, but am not very good at following through.  My desk becomes the place to put everything I don't want our long-legged, long-armed little Miss to get into.  It gets ugly.

Case in point:


Apparently I couldn't even be bothered to try to take a decent picture of it... my apologies.  Those two glasses, by the way?  Um, I collect water glasses... I just pick up one everytime I walk through the kitchen.  This is pretty good, of course, I took this earlier in the day, so I think I added a couple more before I was done.  My big issues always come from the random stuff.  I just don't know what to do with it, and some of it I just can't pitch!  I did take everything off the desk; though, even the computer, so I could scrub remnants from whatever had been sitting on the desk away.  That printer?  Well, as much as I love printers... this one has been on the fritz for a while... it works, but sporadically.  We decided we should move on and consider finding something smaller, but useful, when we can afford it.  LOVE having that space back.  The printer didn't sit all the way back in that cubby, so I was always losing things behind it. 


I worked hard to sort the random (that took me into the evening... sorting random things doesn't work with a nearly-2-year-old who wants all the random things).  I even weeded out my overflowing mason jar of pens, moved some pictures around, put the cleaning supplies away and added that little tower of drawers.  I'm not sure it looks that organized in the after picture, but trust me, it so is.  It feels SO nice to sit down and work, now.  I kind of love it, I even tried to get a better picture of it, I liked it that much.  I'm not promising it will stay this awesome, because I just don't work like this.  But I promise I'll keep returning it to this awesome, because I do work better like that :).  My hope is to replace the desk someday, but in the meantime, I can be happy with an organized hand-me-down (except, ahem, for the drawers... luckily today didn't include those!).  Happy Friday!

You can find Day 1 here.
 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! You are making me way nerd-out, because I get totally nerdy of organizational type things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did I say "of"? Maybe I meant "when it comes to" or "with". I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. perhaps you were going to say "on"? And I think the desk looks nice and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being organized, but I'm definitely not a natural at it! I need step-by-step guidance :). Hopefully this will help me get started!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love getting comments, but please be respectful and kind!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...