Pages
Friday, March 25, 2011
Celebration!
I am so excited! We just got our tax refund (it looked so nice in our bank account for the brief amount of time it was there) and turned around and used it to pay off my student loan! I was lucky enough to not have a huge loan, but it was big enough. Daniel didn't have any debt, so I really wanted to get rid of mine so we could be debt free before we buy a house. I really wanted to have it paid off right after college, but that wasn't exactly feasible, so we've been chipping away at it, trying to at least make double payments every month. And there you have, it! No more monthly payments! Now, I do still need to pay my dad back a comparably small amount, but at least I can do that now (he's been very patiently waiting while I pay off my federal loans as his interest rates are about half the amount I was paying on those). The college I attended was wonderful, but not exactly cheap: it feels good to have it paid off. So, do a little celebration dance with me! Debt-free is the way to be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Major congrats!
ReplyDeleteThat is so wonderful!! Congratulations!!
ReplyDelete