Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Celebrations




Tomorrow morning, we'll all get up just as the sun begins to peek over the horizon, because that's how our Nugget likes it recently.  We'll load all kinds of party things into our cars, and spend the morning getting girly haircuts (um, for the girls) and baking cakes and cupcakes and setting out pretty little favor boxes.



And the thing is, I know she won't remember this day.  But I will, and I'm so ready to party and celebrate the fact that we made it a year... that this little girl is so not letting the word "premature" define her and that we, as her parents, have survived the sleepless nights and reveled in the baby chuckles. 

Plus, it's an excuse to eat yummy treats and watch a baby destroy a piece of cake.

 
She is so loved.  (And I LOVE this photo - thank you to Jenny Hanlon Photography for our family pictures!)

5 comments:

  1. I have loved watching her grow from afar. COMPLETELY not the same as being actively involved and incomparable to being her mother. Tears come to my eyes when I think about all what you all have been through and how far she has come. Love and blessing to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy one year to all of you! It is remarkable the accomplishments a family goes through in the first year of life alone! I don't know of any other year in a child's life that is SO full of change and growth!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your picture!! You should celebrate!!! It has been one hard and amazing year for you. I only wish I could be there to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your little baskets to give everyone!! When I have a little poppet of my own I am SOOOOOO copying. :)
    Tell her happy birthday for me!! May babies (like me AAAAAND Michelle since I saw she commented) are always the luckiest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, you're all sweet!

    And, Katie, you should, they were so easy and relatively cheap :).

    I think you may be right, she's been pretty lucky, this little May baby of ours.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love getting comments, but please be respectful and kind!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...