As the first month of Anni's second year slips by, I've been straining to catch these fleeting "little" moments. I feel like every time I blink, Miss Anni grows a little taller, gets a little smarter and becomes just a little more independent from her mama. I love watching her grow up, I'm proud of her. Sometimes I feel like I'm lost in one of those dreams where I woke up married, with a baby and couldn't remember how I had gotten there. This life is much sweeter than those dreams: I know how I got here. I loved a boy, and that boy loved me, and we got married and from our love came a baby: a sweet, itty bitty little girl. She grins when I walk in the door and wraps her arms around my neck when she's scared. She loves being loved and would read books all day if there wasn't hide and seeking to be done. When we walk outside her whole face lights up. She'll spend serious concentrated lengths of time with the carrier, trying to put it on herself so we can go out again. She doesn't get to go outside as often as she deserves. I love watching her discover. I love her sweetness and as much as they frustrate me, I think her little fits are hilarious. I love that when you ask her for kisses, she leans her forehead in to be kissed and claps when you've done so. I love that she loves pickles and eats them first, unless there is yogurt to be had... then that wins. I love what she has done to me and who she has made me. There aren't words enough to explain my love for this girl. Sweet girl, I'd do anything for you.


Oh my gosh, are you kidding me? She's GORGEOUS. When is she going to be one? I'm kind of freaking out that my littlest one is almost one year old, too! It's just not possible.
ReplyDeleteAmanda - thanks :). I'm biased... but I think she's pretty beautiful, too! She actually turned one on May 9th, she's just a little small for her age since she was a preemie. I still can't believe I have a one year old... nearly a toddler!
ReplyDeleteI loved this post!! Anni is such a sweetie-pie! She is blessed to have you as her mommy!
ReplyDeleteI think I just cried a little...This hit me so hard! SOOOO many mixed emotions...you blink and they are big...and you enjoy it, but miss them little!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet :)
ReplyDelete