Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Birthday Spoiling


My birthday was just perfect.  We decided to stay at home as much as possible the whole day as Anni was *still* struggling with her nasty cough/cold combo (though she tried to combat the yucky by putting every clip she could find in her hair, I love her!)  I slept in, Daddy got us breakfast burriters (oh, my, they are tasty) from my favorite place.  I got a nap after lunch (seriously, what mommy isn't drooling over all the sleep I got?!) and Daniel hung up the poster of one of my favorite pieces of art (The Angelus) while I rested.  It's been waiting to be framed and hung since last Christmas, so seeing it in our dining area made my heart pretty happy.

Oh, and my dears.  Dinner.  Yummy, yummy, yummy dinner. 


After Miss Anni was safely tucked into her bed, my dearest made me bruschetta.  Bruschetta.  Manicotti. oh. my.  It was sooooooo good.  I wish my photos could do it justice.  Let's just say, my hubby still knows how to make my heart go pitter-patter. 


The next day, my in-laws came down, bearing gifts and cake.  And yes, yes, I wore yoga pants and a t-shirt... and my hair may or may not have been brushed.  Here's to blogging honesty ;-).  (Oh, and my pants and shirt were both varying shades of red.  Yep, they didn't match either.)


But really, a whole lot of happiness.

annnd... as if that wasn't enough spoiling (it really, really was).  My hubby gave me one more sweet, sweet gift.  I'll tell you a little more about that another time, though.  Maybe even afterwards, because I'm just sneaky that way.   (If he can keep a secret all the way up until my birthday, I can probably manage for a little bit, as well.)

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

I love, love, love getting comments, but please be respectful and kind!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...