I realized that in the excitement of the pumpkin patch photos, I didn't share the bad part of that day... which really, probably means that the good outweighed the bad that day. See? Optimism.
We ran some food out to some friends and upon returning to our car... it wouldn't start. Nary a blink, twitter or urp for a few minutes. So, of course, our friend, newly returned from the hospital, helps Anni and I jump the car. While it's charging up... it dies. Apparently this is a bad sign, an expensive sign. We call dearest hubby as his name is on the AAA... 45 minutes later, we've moved the car seat, overstayed our welcome with some very sweet friends whom we owe a much better dinner now and are on our way back home.
Luckily, after dealing with an auto shop that attempted to gouge our wallets and therefore overpaying for a battery (thank goodness, right?! The battery was just more than dead!), we still have a few things we'd like checked out with a mechanic we trust, but the car is running smoother than it has in a little while, and we're hoping for no more dead cars half an hour from home.
Welp, just a day after getting our beloved Max back (yep, we name our cars, we're those people), we decided to brave a corn maze/ pumpkin patch with Daddy and a few friends. (I promise photos... just in a happier post!) Anni was a bit quiet, but seemed to enjoy all the activity (and yes, soon to be regretted junk food). We hopped in the car a little sooner than we were ready, as I had a shoot that afternoon and we had an hour drive to get me there. 20 minutes into our drive...
well...
puke.
Yep, that's enough explanation on that. Let's just say we ended up on the side of the rode with a naked baby, a shirtless husband and a gagging pregnant me.
Oh, and me calling my client and frantically trying to decide if this shoot was going to happen.
An hour later, sickie and shirtless husband were home and I did manage to make it to my shoot (albeit a bit late). Poor hubby had to spend the evening scrubbing the carseat, car, bags from the backseat, and Anni's bed when she lost her crackers (literally, she had had a few crackers before bed) in the middle of the night. Let me take this opportunity to thank him... dearest, you are amazing. Seriously. I felt awful I couldn't help... but adding easily nauseated pregnant lady vomit would not have been all that helpful.
So... here we are. We've spent the last couple of days attempting recovery, feeling a little bit stir crazy in our little apartment. We set ourselves back with another middle of the night episode after we tried just a little too much for dinner last night, but we're hopeful that another few days of applesauce, 7-up and rice, if we're brave, will get us back on the right track.
The beautiful thing is, that's the worst of it. And if the worst of our problems is a sick toddler and a wonky car, well, our lives kind of rock.
The end.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love, love, love getting comments, but please be respectful and kind!