The day before Anni's party, we spent the day at my sister's - hanging out, getting ready for the party and most importantly... strawberry picking! My sister has a strawberry patch in their side yard, and Anni and I were pretty sure we had stumbled into heaven on earth.
We all donned our shoes (and a leprechaun hat, that was important) and began our strawberry feasting... er picking. Anni didn't try to pick (probably best for the well-being of the unripened strawberries), but followed the pickers around saying, "Mo' stwabewwies, pwease!" She was rewarded well.
Watching my oldest niece work so hard and know exactly what to pick and what to leave made me realize how much she's growing up! She was born my freshman year of college and now she's this young lady. Sometimes I still think of her as the adorably chubby, happy baby she used to be. Lucky us, she's just as fun now... super talkative, helpful and happy.
Let's be honest, I just love my nieces and nephews. My siblings and mom get calls from me all the time asking for advice on parenting (or where to find things in the store... true story), and they're ever so patient with me. I'm so grateful!
After picking, the cousins settled down to the true business... eating those strawberries!
13 ounces of strawberries were gone in no time flat, with cousins very sweetly picking off the stems for Nugget (seriously, this girl is spoiled with awesome cousins).
Oh and while we snacked? My hubby pulled out the push mower and worked on the front lawn... something about a man with a push lawn mower... am I right? (It's okay if it's just me.)
The whole weekend was amazing, but strawberry pickin'? I don't think much can beat that!












No comments:
Post a Comment
I love, love, love getting comments, but please be respectful and kind!